Saturday, May 2, 2009

Learning to Spell

Do you remember the feeling you got when you finally learned how to spell your last name? I was with my mom in the big blue suburban, we were most likely driving up to Clearlake. It was night time, Dee was probably asleep in the back, or next to me (days when there wasn't a restriction on age for sitting in the front seat.) I don't know how old I was, I assume 5 or 6. I probably drove my mom crazy asking over and over to spell our last name.
M-E-I-S-E-N-B-A-C-H. When I got it I felt euphoric. What an achievement. It is one of my favorite memories!!
Last week Katie informed me that her name, and mine, and Daddy's, is spelled C-O-"PES"-E-Y, the p and s she says together, and dang if she wasn't right. She can't spell her first name, or any other words for that matter, but she has her last name down. I hope she feels the same way I did when I figured it out.
Good Job Katie!!
Love,
One proud Mama C-O-"PES"-E-Y

No comments: