Thursday, April 30, 2009

I Dare You

After a particularly hard rain there were a lot of worms roaming the cement patio outside. Katie had just had the snack "worms in dirt" the day before and had been telling everyone what she ate, trying to gross them all out. Well Daddy had a dare. Would she take it?
He said I dare you to eat one Katie. Uncle Mike was there, and grossing us all out when he told us he ate one once. So Daddy showed Katie what she had to do. But she wouldn't touch the thing.
Daddy even offered to help. Open wide Katie!!! Gulp, was all I could think. Don't drop that worm Rick!!! By the way, do you see the excitement on her face. She would do it if Daddy dropped it.
In the end not even the dog would eat one. All a bunch of non-worm eating chickens. That's what Uncle Mike was thinking. Me, I was glad. I knew that if Katie ate a worm, she would most definitely go spread that around school. It would either start a worm eating frenzy in the 3's class, or I would get some very strange looks from parents when they found out. After all I am their child's teacher.