Sunday, January 25, 2009

Snow, Snow, Snow

All morning it snowed, but with the temperature up to 39 degrees it wasn't sticking. The flakes were nice and fat though. So pretty to look at!
And then he left... Rick had to go to work, and boom, the temperature drops to 20 degrees, and 3 inches of snow stick to the ground in a matter of 2 hours. When it finally let up Katie and I went outside to shovel. Leave it to a California girl to shovel snow for the first time, when all of her neighbors are outside doing the same. I have learned that once the snow stops it is really important to shovel. That way there isn't too much to shovel later. Well here I am shoveling, trying to look like I know what I'm doing, and Katie is "helping" me. She got bored quickly though, and began to make snow angels all over the front yard. Her specialty. Only I kept telling her to do it on the grass area. What grass area?!?! There was so much snow you couldn't see the grass, so Katie made snow angels on the driveway, the sidewalk, and a few on the actual grass. The neighbors dog came to observe her artistic ability, and enjoyed sticking her freezing wet dog nose in Katie's face, making her yelp, and unable to get up. Being a good mother, I watched laughing. My neighbor Gloria and I were shoveling the sidewalk when the guy down the street started up his snow blower. Showoff. We decided we are getting a snowplow attachment for our 4 wheelers ASAP. I just need to get the 4 wheeler first. But then watch out. Seriously, if you ever come visit me in the snow, watch out. I am not that talented at shoveling with a shovel, can you imagine me on a piece of machinery, with a plow attached to it. Shivers!
Anyway I hope you all enjoyed your Sunday. We sure did.
Love
Amy

No comments: