Thursday, January 22, 2009

Kikki, and Big Sister K

Disclaimer: The names in this blog have been changed. Most of you know who they are anyway.Miss K is a big sister now. I can't believe she is a cheerleader. Just yesterday she was 5 and I had just met Rick and she asked us if we wanted to play wiffle ball with her at the ranch. Miss K you have grown up too fast.
Here is her little sister. Kikki, as I will call her, looks a little swollen in this picture. But give the kid a break, she was born big. 11lbs 13 oz (I may be a little off on the weight, maybe her mommy will comment correctly for me), and 21 inches long (again I may be off a bit, correct me someone, anyone). She broke her Uncle Rick's record of 11 lbs straight up. Yikes with all these big babies in this family I am a little nervous. I call her Kikki because I was having pregnancy dreams for her mommy, and dreamed that she was named that at birth. But her parents chose a much more normal name, thank goodness.

Oh yeah, and Kikki's birthday??? December 25th. What a great Christmas present for all of us.


She is getting so big so fast. She is almost turning over, and look at that smile. 10 days old. That's pretty amazing! It doesn't even look like gas. I have never seen a baby smile so young. And turning over almost. What strength. Must take after her dad in that area!! We think she has her daddy's nose, and maybe eyes, but we can see mommy and Miss K's coloring . But I'm not so good at that stuff.

We love her already and we are so sad that we can't be near them to get these smiles in person. Congratulation's Mike, Leahna, and Miss K. We can't wait to meet the new addition to your family.

Watch out for future Kikki posts. I am a bragging aunt. Her mommy is terrible at sending me new one's but I'll cut her some slack. We mom's all know what those first few weeks are like, when you look at the clock and see it is 3pm, and you haven't showered, brushed your teeth, or even gotten out of your pjs. You can't imagine how fast time flies with a newborn.

3 comments:

Grammie said...

Hi Amy, Rick and Katie,

I miss you guys!!! I had a great time visiting and chatting.

Love

Mom

Cinnamon said...

Love to see the pictures. Miss K! OMGosh! I bet Katie thinks it's cool to have a new cousin too. I love your site. Keep up the good posts.
Cinnamon

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and of course, great blog writing. The pictures of Jackson were wonderful too. Love the tree. But most of all love the pictures of the granddaughters!!! :) To have 3 beautiful granddaughters is more than I could have hoped for! Love, Mom