Sunday, January 25, 2009

6 Years

In 1986 I was 6 years old. I was in first grade.

In 1986 Rick was a Sophomore in high school. What a handsome devil!!
Then 16 years later we finally met at the Memorial Day Parade, and Picnic in Lower Lake, Ca. The sparks were flying. It seemed like I was comfortable with this man from the start. Man do we look young in this picture or what?!?!
Then on January 25, 2003 we got married. We look at this picture to this day and try to remember the great wedding we had. It was a fun wedding! But looking back, what we both remember most was that we were excited to go to Hawaii the next day. I get all relaxed just thinking about Hawaii!

Two years later, Katie was on her way. We had decided that it was time for our family to grow, and she has been a highlight of our lives ever since. Not a day goes by that we don't laugh, and feel so lucky to have her in our lives. Even if she is walking like a penguin and snorting around the house. Weird I know. She gets that from her dad. The weird I mean.

We are a happy family of three. We hope to add to our family some day, and hope that it happens, but if it doesn't we feel so lucky to have, not only one another, but Katie as well.


We have been married for six years today, and it has been a wonderful six years. We hope the next 44 years go and smoothly as the first six.

I love you, Rick. I still feel honored each day to be your wife. I know that life takes us on new and crazy adventures, but I am only so happy to go through this life with you beside me!

Love~
Amy

2 comments:

Grammie said...

Dear Rick and Amy,

It seems so short of a time, yet so much has changed since you two were married. Yesterday you were my little girl, now you are a mommy like me! I am very proud of all you two have done!

Happy Anniversary (a day late!!)

Love

Mom

Anonymous said...

What a sweet way to tell that guy you love him. You are both so good for each other...and the laughing is the best. I so enjoyed my vacation with you and the fun and laughter! Hoping that God will bless you with more children, but we are so thankful for the wonderful little girl that tugs at our heart strings! We love you...congrats on the 6 years! Love, Mom