Sunday, December 21, 2008

Merry Christmas

Well since we will be in the moving process for Christmas, I want to take the time now to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas.

Katie had a Christmas show last week, and it was wonderful. Her entire school participated, and as one of her teachers, I was so stressed about how it would go, and was overjoyed when it went so well. She dressed up for the occasion, Grammie made her jumper. She got to wear her fancy boots with it, and I think she looked adorable.

Rick was super excited to have had the night off, so he could go to the performance. I just thought this picture was adorable, so I included it, blogger's privilege.

Katie did a great job singing during the program. She didn't get shy in front of all of the adults in the church. I am so proud of her. I am so proud of all the children.

Even this little girl. This is just like her, and it makes these programs totally worth the stress we teachers endure. The parents who saw this will remember it forever. There were a few children who did adorable things that make the show something only 3 and 4 year olds could conjure up. One little boy yelled out "Merry Christmas" during a quiet moment. Katie's friend "M" didn't sing at all, she just stood there looking adorable. It was priceless!!

Santa was there after the show. He was there to talk to the children about how they are doing, where their wish list stands, etc. Katie wouldn't even look at him during the reception. But when all of the children were gone Rick was able to hold her while she talked to Santa. He told her that her scooter was ready, and that he would deliver it to her new house on Christmas. Look at her face. She is scared bootless. After she talked to him I asked her if she wanted to give him five. She did if I went with her. So here she is.




Still scared bootless. You would think she was so scared she wouldn't remember anything Santa said to her. But ever since last Thursday Katie has been telling us everything Santa said to her. She told Rick yesterday; "Daddy, do you remember when we saw Santa yesternight? He said my scooter is ready. I think we should see him again." I bet she would have the same face she has on in the picture above, if she did get the chance to see him again. But we will have to wait and see next year.

The rest of this week involves lots of moving, gift wrapping, and getting settled in. So don't be surprised if it is a week or more until a new post arrives. Merry Christmas!
Love
Amy

1 comment:

Grammie said...

I love the pictures! I downloaded and have sent to Walgreens. If they don't come out,I may have you resend when you get hooked up with the internet in your new house!

Love

Mom