Friday, December 19, 2008

Substitute Blogger

So, the other day I was out shoveling the driveway with my helper and Amy came out to check on our progress. While we worked, she took some pictures...




Katie thought the grass needed shoveling, so she worked in that area... then it happened...


Amy wanted to try her hand at shoveling. I guess she is practicing for the new place.


After one pass, she quit and let me do the rest. At least that way, it can really be said that "we" shoveled the driveway.




Unfortunately, my helper quit too...



Since I am on the subject of snow and ice, my girls are going to have to learn a few lessons about what type of footwear to use in snow country. Katie went with the sneakers and sweats, which probably explains why she quit the snow shoveling "game".



Amy, on the other hand, went with something much more daring...



Seriously, high heals in snow and ice can only spell one thing... butt bruises. Yes, she went down coming out of Starbucks before Katie's Christmas concert, but the only thing hurt was her pride. Oh well, I think they will both figure it out one of these days, or at least I hope they do.

Since I am on the subject, a funny thing happened with Molly's bed... a smaller lump appeared.




I wonder who could be in there...

That doesn't look like Molly's tail...

Well, why not? It sure looks like a cozy spot!

She must have felt a little guilty about stealing Molly's bed without her knowing.

Meanwhile, in the lower part of the house, Miss Molly was busy stealing our bed... she looks very comfy.




Wait a minute... something is not right in this house...

Hey! ...Who's been sleeping in my bed?



Molly has decided that she better guard her bed a little better. However, I think that it is poetic justice since Molly takes over our bed when we are not in it! A little taste of her own medicine.

2 comments:

Nikki Lukas Longfish said...

you guys are too funny. In the picture of Amy shoveling the snow she is not wearing heels!!

Anonymous said...

Cute shoes, Amy, but really now...hmmm. We learn our best lessons by experience!
Great Blog, Rick...and wonderful pictures (as usual!) That cat was too funny!