Thursday, December 11, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Here is our new house. Rick went to the inspection today, and was able to take some pictures. It was perfect timing since earlier this week it was snowing, and you couldn't see the front very well. (Watch for a snow blog later this week!!!)

This is the living room when you walk into the front door. Rick didn't get a picture of the kitchen, but if you went into the room behind this false wall, there it would be. We are hoping to remodel this room, the kitchen, and eating area at some point. But depending on when you visit us, this may be what you see.

These are the stairs off the living room that either go to the upstairs, which holds both bathrooms and bedrooms, or downstairs which leads to the family room, basement, etc.

I am taking you upstairs first. This will be Katie's room. It is big enough for her to have her big girl bed, and a few toys, but the rest will go in the basement in our play/rumpus room. By the way, speaking of big girl, did you know Katie turned 3 yesterday?!?!?!?! I can't believe she is a child, where did the time go!!! I will post on her birthday after her party. She is having a kid party on Saturday.

This is the guest bathroom. We have one in our room too!!!

This is the family room from the top of the stairs, in the eating area. The doorway you see leads out to the mud room, then the garage. The mud room is great, it has hooks already for our snowy jackets!

This is our garage, and the pole in the middle of it is holding up our bedroom. We'll see how long it takes me until I back into it. You have to back into the garage, otherwise you will have an issue with opening the doors. Place your bets on how long it will take me.

This is the basement. The furnace and water heater will be gated off, and we will make this room into a play room for all, plus a guest room for when you all visit.

This is the backyard. It is a really great size, with a cool tree in it. The gate separating the backyard from the shed behind it, separates the backyard from our RV parking.

That's right, I said RV parking. The previous owners, I don't think did much with this area, but we are RV people, and so are most of you. So when you come visiting we have a place for you to park your RV when you visit. Unless we get one, then you'll have to park in the street. Sorry!

I hope you enjoyed my virtual tour, come see it for yourself soon!!!

Love
Amy

PS: Keep watch, I have been taking pictures all week and I have blogs galore to write about.

6 comments:

Nikki Lukas Longfish said...

YAY! It looks awesome! Congrats!! I can't wait to visit!

Grammie said...

Love it!!! Take pictures of the kitchen when you can.

Love,

Mom

Anonymous said...

Congrats on purchasing your first home!!! Looks like a great place for Katie to grow up in.

Uncle Rich said...

Wow.. Looks great.. Very clean and well taken care of.. How old is it.. looks like you have plenty of room..

We will have to come and visit to see it for ourselves.. take care..
Uncle Rich and JoJo

Anonymous said...

I love your new house. When do you move in? I can't wait to visit.

Nicole said...

I love your new house! When do you move in? I love your backyard too!