Sunday, December 14, 2008

Snowflakes Keep Falling on my Head!

Well, winter has arrived, albeit a bit later than usual, here in Wyoming. Everyone has told me this has been a really warm fall, and early winter. It is here though. It didn't get above the low 20's today. I shopped at the Walmart and let me tell you loading groceries when it is 4 degrees outside is unpleasant.

I thought this was a pretty cool picture the night it first snowed. I am trying to not use my flash, I have heard you get better pictures, unfortunately I don't know what I'm doing. But I thought the picture turned out kinda neat.

Here is the snow with the flash on. Much more normal!

I was out taking pictures of the night snow, because Molly had to go potty. Molly doesn't like to get wet, or be cold. This is torture for her. She has become somewhat of a camel, and she will hold it for hours, just so she doesn't have to go outside.

But when she has no other choice she runs very fast, and then gets right back to the door. "Please someone let me in. I am FRRRRREEEZZZING, and Mommy just takes these pictures. Doesn't she know I don't have my shoes on?!?!?! I have a thin coat?!?!?! I have been on a diet, so I have no fat to insulate me from this cold? Hello, anyone??"
See the guy in the middle of the picture? He is using a snow blower. I am from a city that never snows, I am completely fascinated by this white powdery stuff. A snow blower? I have only seen it on tv.

But do you see a problem with this picture? Living in Wyoming also presents other problems. Now South City had wind, big wind. But when our lawn ornaments fell over it wasn't -3 outside. This poor tree has two problems, the wind, and the little cottontail bunnies that are everywhere keep chewing the strings, breaking the trees anchors. We have to go outside and fix them, which is tough when you can't feel your fingers.

Do you see Katie's hair? It is really windy outside, but she insisted she had to come with us to fix the tree. But then she was running around and...

...she fell. She cried, and cried, so we came in, changed clothes, thawed out, got under the covers and watched her show.
I am enjoying the weather. It is cold, we can't go outside each day like we're used to, but this is how most of the country lives, it is a pretty neat experience.

2 comments:

Dee said...

well i guess i cant complain about the 45 degree weather here. it is darn cold...tonight i asked mom if louise needed her shirt for our walk. BRRRRRR. well i missed you all weekend! i cant wait to come out, hopefully with mom so we can get a rental and go together. i couldnt go out this weekend with mom worried - she sends out worries...no matter where you are. miss you guys! hope the party was great! love you

Anonymous said...

Looks cold...but fun! Poor Katie, I'm sure it hurt worse because she was cold.
We still have a little snow on the ground around here.
Mom