Friday, October 10, 2008

Great Grams and Great Grandpa

Great Grams and Great Grandpa came out for a visit last weekend. It was a blast. Katie was pretty sick and she proceeded to get Rick, and Aunt Carrie sick with the stomach flu. But she had fun anyway. We just stayed around the house, watching too much football, talking, eating, gossiping, you know the normal stuff. It was raining, so going out wouldn't have been much fun. Katie spent much of the weekend next to the toilet anyway. Question; how is it that a child can sit next to the toilet and not throw up, but pick them up when they are done, and they throw up all over you?
Since it was raining, and we weren't going for day trips, I put Grams to work. Katie is going to be a penguin for Halloween, and I decided that I could make the costume from scratch. Well, I looked at the instructions, and the sewing lessons weren't coming back to me as quickly as I would have liked. Grams offered to help, and I put her to work. We got the entire costume cut out, and part of it sewed. The easy parts of course, but then they left. Now the hard part begins, Aunt Carrie and I have to do the rest.
Grams: I will pay you to fly out here, finish the costume. All you have to do is promise to not tell anyone you were here, and let me take all the credit. OK?
We'll finish it and you'll all see it later.
Thanks for the visit Great Grams, and Great Grandpa, I hope you didn't get the stomach flu!

No comments: