Tuesday, September 30, 2008

First Day of School


Katie started pre-school today. She is in the 3's class. I know she is a little young, but they needed a teacher in the morning, and offered to enroll Katie in the class too. She loves it. She is already taller than all but maybe 2 of the children in the class. It makes her talk to the shorter children as if they are babies. I don't know where she got that from. She is at a 3 year old level, except in play. She is still mostly doing parallel play, which means she plays next to the children but not with them. Sometimes though she plays with others. She likes being a teacher, and I often find her mimicking me, in a loving way, to the children. She will tell them how to wash their hands, and she stands with me when it is time to tell the children goodbye. It is too funny.

After school she got to go to her new friends house. She had a great time!!! The lady who watches her gave lots of fun activities, playing in their playhouse outside, a tent castle in the basement, a fun lunch of chicken nuggets, fruit, and chips, or fries I'm not sure as Katie said both, and then she gave the girls mani's and pedi's. Katie had nothing but good things to say. Rick and I are relieved.

But tonight I had one sleepy girl. She passed out early, and hopefully she will sleep in tomorrow. Here's some pictures of Katie on her first day. These are just home pictures, as I can't take pictures for the web of other children in the class.

Isn't the bag adorable. Aunt Carrie made Katie this one. It is the same kind of bag I made for the blog. Katie uses it for her school things.

Thank goodness she's so cute. If she would just let me do her hair in the morning...of course I would have to be able to do hair. I tried two braids, she hated it, plus they fell out, I tried a barrette, she threw it. This headband lasted until the first 1/2 hour of class. Then it was wild child hair for the rest of the day. But she sure looked cute anyway!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a hard time computing the thought of that little bug in school. What happened to the "baby Katie"? Really, she is a beautiful little girl! The hair thing will work itself out! I miss her terribly. Wish I could hide in your grandma's car and travel there also! Thanks for sharing! Love, Mom/Grandma