Friday, November 5, 2010

My family is leaving me...for a week. Clint, Katie, and Rick are off to see the Grandparents for a week, and I can't go. Working up to this morning I was excited about the prospect of sleeping all night, (with the cold Clint has, we have been up a couple of times each night to clear out his nose.), not worrying about feeding anyone on a schedule, possibly attending a Zumba class, and just generally relaxing.
But now I am rethinking the whole thing. I am hoping I can control myself as Rick loads up in the car, and not grab his ankle and beg him not to go and take my babies with him. All these irrational worries go through my head and I think that the real relaxation won't come until they are safely back in my arms!
This will likely be a hard week for me. But I know it will be an amazing week for them! Rick has been told by everyone we know how awesome it is that he is willing and able to take 2 kids on an airplane trip by himself. He is looking forward to the challenge! Katie is super psyched to see her grandparents. She has special things she loves to do with each of them; tell made-up stories with Grammie, play cards with Great-Grams, and bake cookies with Grandma. Go throw bread out to the ducks with Papa, tease Great Grandpa with her stuffies (stuffed animals) and if she could bring the Wii, beat Grandpa at Mario Kart. Clint will look forward to all the hugs and kisses, and he will happily give them back!
I know they will have fun, and I know I will too. Miss them I will, but Dee is here to hang out with me for the week (although Katie thinks she is going on a business trip today and will be back to our house when she gets back.) We have plans...Big grown-up girl weekend plans. Maybe this will be more fun than I thought!

3 comments:

Grandma said...

You will miss them terribly...but will have a wonderful time with your sister. I always missed having a sister. I am so looking forward to Katie's hug and hearing her laugh!!!! Thank you for being willing to share your family. I will treasure them...and you! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Get over it and enjoy yourself. Katie is my great helper and Clint is easy as taking care of a hamster. Just have fun in Jackson with Dee and find me a good birthday present, hopefully something with antlers or related to hunting. Love you! RWC

Marisa said...

The kids will have a great time and so will you. They will be back before you know it. Enjoy your few days of quiet because you might not get them again for a long time! :) xoxo