Thursday, August 19, 2010

Our Vacation!

For my 30th birthday Rick decided that I needed a trip. He and Katie had been fishing in Pinedale, and found a cabin that they thought I'd like. This is the view from our cabin deck. They were right, I like it!
Rick and Katie spent most of the weekend fishing, with little success. Rick caught one, but let it go. I think Katie makes too much noise to catch a fish but her bobber did go under the water a few times.


Clint and I preferred to sit on the deck of the cabin relaxing. We are very good at relaxing!

On the last afternoon of our trip we were in Pinedale site seeing, when the power went out. In the entire town. Someone said it was out all the way to Boulder. I had packed some food, but since we were on my birthday vacation, and the room didn't have a kitchen, we had planned on eating dinner out. So we went home to our dark cabin, which not only had no power, but for some reason when the power goes out so does the water. We couldn't wash our hands, or flush the toilet. Yikes, with a 4 year old you NEED to be able to flush and wash hands!!! Clint was more than happy to play row your boat for awhile, and Katie and I had a coloring contest. But we were starting to get hungry. I had some chips, fruit, and ding dongs, to eat, but that wasn't going to cut it! Just when we thought we would have to dine on the little one, the power came back on and we rushed out to eat!

It was an awesome vacation, and I can't wait to go back!

1 comment:

Dee said...

yeah! that is so great! I love the picts!