Friday, August 13, 2010

My 20's

People say "your 20's are a blur." Today, my 30th birthday, I look back on my 20's and think it wasn't a blur, but it will likely have been the most poignant decade of my life. Here is a photo recap (minus the little details) of the events that happened in my 20's.
I graduated from college. I am proud to say I am the first person in my family to graduate from a college university.
I married this guy. He makes me laugh each day. He makes my life easier and, is a true partner in our marriage. Without him the rest wouldn't exist.

We got our first baby, Molly. She was, and still is our favorite dog of all time!

I became pregnant at the age of 24. We were super excited to start a family, and knew that this baby would bring so much joy, love, and craziness to our lives.

Kathryn Sandra Copsey was born on December 10, 2005. She is 4 1/2 now and it seems like this picture was just taken yesterday.


We made a huge life changing decision and moved from California to Wyoming. It was a scary move and we were only hoping we made the right decision. Turns out it was the best decision we made. We miss our family each and every day, but Rick was able to find a good job, and we could finally buy a house. But best of all...


After years of trying and the heartbreak of losing, I was pregnant again. I found a Dr who could help us and we were blessed to have...


Our son Clinton Woodrow Copsey, born on May 10, 2010. He is such an awesome addition to our family. Katie loves her little brother, and we are awestruck that he is here!

My 20's could never be called a blur, but full, and the events life changing. I look at the first picture and think how young I look. I look at the end picture (which is gratefully too far away to see) and realize I have wrinkles under my eyes, I'm not a size 12, my teeth aren't as white, and my hair has lost a little lustre. But I have earned the wrinkles, and the bigger pants. In my next decade I will work hard to get my shape back, but as for the rest that's what cosmetics are for! I feel older, and I think that if I feel old, how must my parents feel??? After all, they are the parents of a 30 year old!

3 comments:

Dee said...

awe sister you made me cry. I love you so much and am so proud of you. Happy happy birthday, how I wish I could be there to share it with you, you old lady.
love, your favorite sister.

Grammie said...

I am sobbing too! It's hard to believe that my angel baby is 30!I love you and your family so much. Have a great birthday weekend!

Love,
Mom

RWC said...

The best is yet to come!!!
RWC