Friday, August 7, 2009

Thunder's Just the Noise...

Last night we had a wicked lightning storm. I don't usually think I'm cool enough to say "wicked" but last night was amazing. We stood at our bedroom window and just watched. The power went out throughout the evening, and around 8:00 it went out for good.
With no lights we were able to get some cool shots!!!

Earlier in the evening I went to a meeting and it was not only raining cats and dogs, but the lightning was a little too close for comfort. As I walked toward the building a flash went off and seemed like it was down the street. I screamed like the wimpy girl I am, and received a chuckle from the man behind me.
The power outage lasted until around 1:30 am. It took me a minute to figure out what was going on as the tv was on and I couldn't figure out why Katie was watching Little Bill at 1:30 in the morning.
Today we woke up to a large branches that have broken off, and landed in our yard, and the sun. I am currently watching three children plus Katie, plus two wiener dogs (more about them later) and yesterday was "interesting" being stuck in this house ALL DAY!!! The sun was a glorious sight!

2 comments:

Nikki Lukas Longfish said...

beautiful pictures! I can totally picture you screaming and getting a chuckle from a guy near by.

Dee said...

please do not say 'wicked' lol. we say hella here and you need to educate your fellow Wyoming-ians. awesome picts! I saw a lightning storm on sasturday night, we thought it struck the ground and finally when we got to the area on the freeway, there was a huge fire! totally nutty. cant wait to read about the weiner dogs....louise is currently watching the annoying blue jays eat her food! i need a beebee gun.