Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Circus sans Pictures

Last night I took Katie and her two friends to the circus. Yup the circus. I know people think we live so far out in the middle of the country that a circus wouldn't come here. But they do. Every year. The Shriner's put on a wonderful circus for the children. It was free for kids, and $5 for all of us.
Side note: every time I write kids I am taken back to my degree seeking days in Chico when my professor drilled it into my head that kids are goats not children. But I don't mean that goats got in free, children did! Just wanted to clear that up!!
Anywho, the reason I had to write this post, even though there aren't any pictures, is because Katie rode and elephant. By herself. She was shoved in between two strangers and rode on this HUGE elephant with only smiles and waves for me. This was a child who won't do anything unless I do it with her or help her. It was a proud moment.
The circus itself was pretty good. Complete with elephants, tigers and lions, motorcycles in a cage, and lots of pretty dancers up in the air. Plus a few death defying acts that gives the circus it's name.

1 comment:

Nadia said...

I think the same thing whenever I hear the word kid. Now whenever I say kid I use the word kiddos, just because of her