Friday, May 8, 2009

I've decided I've had enough

Katie has made a mess on my couch for the last time. I told her if she wants to be in MY family room, watching a movie and eating snacks she has to do it from her "new" seat. You are thinking poor Katie, I hear you. But what about poor me??? I vacuum, and I vacuum, and still I find loose cheerios, cracker crumbs, and are you ready for this??? Gogurt wrappers, yup gogurt wrappers under the cushions of my couch. (Gogurt is yogurt in a plastic tube, for all of you who may not have the privilege of knowing) Do you know how gross it is to stick your hand under the cushions and feel wet? It's gross. Katie decided that her shows sometimes got too interesting to watch to bother with putting the wrappers in the trash. I will be up in the living room typing this blog for you all to enjoy and I will say "Katie did you throw away the gogurt wrapper?" Then I will hear movement but I will be too absorbed in the story I am writing to look and see what the rustling is all about. Then I will hear; "Yeah, Mommy, I threw it away." "Thank you, Katie," I reply. Only to find WEEKS later the wet gooey mess and the wrapper under a cushion, because of course, she can't ever get the entire contents of the gogurt tube out. Surprisingly you have to sit on it, and then, and only then, can it be emptied all the way. Now can you understand why she must sit here to watch her shows, etc? She looks happy, that's all that matters.



Disclaimer: I didn't make her sit in the basket. She found the basket, which is empty because I gave up on the ginormous mountain of laundry and there was no clean laundry to put in it. Katie ran to me as I was again probably writing a blog post and just NEEDED me to help her make a bed in the basket. She asked to do it. She is strange. Just like her Dad. So don't call the authorities, she did this to herself. The gogurt incident is real, and gross. I shudder even now at the memory of it.

Disclaimer #2: if you come to my house you stick your hand under the cushions at your own risk. There is no money under there. I already will have looked.





1 comment:

Dee said...

LOL i love this.