Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sleeping in

Rick and I are typically early risers. We have been that way for most, if not our entire lives. We don't mind getting up early, even on the weekend. At least we didn't mind. Before. The kid. Katie has taken to waking up around 6 or 6:30 daily. It will certainly come in handy next year when we have to leave for me to get to work early. But Saturday's are sleep in days. I don't mean until 10 or 11. I mean 7am. Weekends are the day when we wake up to our "natural" alarm clock. So here I am at 7am writing this post, sucking down a cup of coffee, and sleepy. Katie, meanwhile is down watching a show, eating her 2nd snack of the day, wide awake. But just wait. This waking up early stuff doesn't come without a price. Sometime today she will crash. Hard.

She will be watching a show, or we will be driving somewhere and she will pass out. She is wearing her pirate patch on her forehead in this picture. She can't have it over one eye while she watches a show. It left a heck of a mark. When she passes out today I will NOT I disturb her, not on your life. I hope it will be at home. I will sit down, watch a sappy lifetime movie, munch on a bad for you snack, and say "ahhhhh." But right now I think I will sneak back up to my room for a little snooze. Until she catches me, and demands that I wake up.

2 comments:

Dee said...

oh love love love. adorable picture. when you mail my bowl, make sure to send me left over snap shots so I can frame them in my house. enjoy your weekend.

Grandma said...

I remember sitting in a chair trying to stay awake, drinking my coffee, while the boys watched their cartoons. It will change...one day she will be hard to wake up early, unless you are going somewhere SHE wants to go.
Early is good!!!! Love, Mom