Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter

This Easter was fun for all. Auntie Dee came to visit us, and we all had a blast. Katie is still moping around the house saying; "I miss Auntie Dee."

We finally got a family portrait I can live with for awhile. We took many, but this one gets both Rick's and my vote. What do you think?

We did the usual Easter events. Last year Katie got a little crazy with the egg dying and was throwing the eggs in the cups. This year we had the situation a little more controlled. I know she isn't wearing a shirt, and normally I don't care if she gets something on her clothes. But usually I can get whatever she gets on her shirt out with Shout. Egg dye doesn't come out, hence a shirtless Katie. She did much better this year. We only cracked 2 eggs during the dyeing process.

The rest of the weekend was spent learning lots of new sports. We have to get Katie's wiffle ball game up and running. Uncle Mike, Aunt Leahna, and Kayla don't have an advantage of a third person anymore. Although come to think of it... we can play 4 on 2 now girls against guys. Those two wouldn't stand a chance.

We went to the rec center and ice skated as well. None of us are particularly good at ice skating, I am the worst of all. I was content to skate behind, clutching the wall, hoping I didn't knock some poor little kid down, while Katie skated with Auntie Dee, and Auntie Carrie. I don't know how they did it. Katie just moved her feet, going down each time, and they held her up. Thankfully no one fell that day.

Katie and Auntie Dee performed their "hoopty hoop" routine for us. The Amazing Katie can jump through a ring of fire, a pit of snakes, even a tank of sharks. She is AMAZING!!
It was a really fun weekend. We were sad to see Auntie Dee go home. We love visitors and can't wait for our next ones.



3 comments:

Grandma said...

Glad Dee was there to share the fun with all of you! I love the family picture! I was sad I forgot to get one at New Year's with all of you! Katie is a doll and we love all the activities she is involved in! Love, Mom

Nikki Lukas Longfish said...

That's awesome Deedee was able to be with you guys for Easter!

and the family picture looks great!

Dee said...

i understand, I was moping around too missing her! I will call tomorrow. Cant wait to upload my picts. love you! thanks for a great time!!