Saturday, November 22, 2008

Wild Child to Curly Sue

Well Katie got her first hair cut yesterday, and mother of the year over here forgot the camera. I know how could I miss the pictures of this event. I am a blogger for goodness sake, I am supposed to be capturing each moment for you. But I did it. We had a hair appointment after work and I was sitting there watching Katie do a great job getting her first hair cut at a salon, sitting in the big chair, and it dawned on me that no one would be able to see this because I forgot the camera.
Well right when we got home I took some pictures. Here is the before picture. Katie is a little wild with the baby hair flying free.

I know I reuse pictures, but since I didn't have a before picture, this is what you get. Katie never lets me put her hair up, and when she does it's out in 5 minutes. So when Grammie was here we decided that it would be great if Katie got her hair shaped around her face so it wouldn't get in her eyes since I couldn't put it up.
I took her in to my stylist, I didn't want to go supercuts for the first cut, plus she was even cheaper!!! She said she would cut it, but that Katie still had a lot of baby hair growing in. She didn't want to cut that as it would affect the growth process. But she agreed that something must be done to help her. So she cut a few inches off the back, and framed her face. I was afraid that the curls were just baby hair and she would have annoyingly straight hair from now on, but Erica, Katie's stylist (I know it sounds so grown up) assured me that the curls are here to stay and would fall into ringlets at the end. YIPPEE!!!
Anyway here is what she looks like now:

I know it probably doesn't look much different, but all the baby hair in the back is gone. She has only child hair back there now. Boo Hoo. Her hair is staying out of her face, which is great. She has better bangs, and the stylist directed me to never again cut her bangs myself. She gave me a very stern look. I have tried to cut hair before, just ask Dee how that turned out, and she will probably tell you the horror she felt when I cut it. I took an oath then and there to never cut Katie's hair again.
Before leaving the salon, Erica informed me that Katie's hair must be moisturized as it is pretty dry out here. Let me tell you how dry it is: if you touch the canned goods at the grocery store you are guaranteed a painful shock. If you run your fingers through your hair it will remain standing, and some of it will stick to your face, and not come off. It is DRY here. So of course not only did Katie get her first salon hair cut, but she got her first (expensive (don't tell Rick)) hair product.

But she has to share it with me. Curly hair may need extra attention, but my hair keeps standing on end and sticking to my face. It is really embarrassing. Plus it's papaya, who wouldn't want their hair to smell like papaya. Plus it cost $27.00 I think that I need it more than she does. Spoiled brat.


Here's the lock of baby hair I saved.... I miss my baby!

2 comments:

Dee said...

OK here is my only thing, as a curly hair hild who's mom (no offense mom) didnt know how to handle it other than have our 'hairstylist' cut me wings, I will steer you in the right direction! moose, biosilk and a little hair spray ;) auntie dee will do you right katie!

Anonymous said...

She is darling as a wild child or Curly Sue!!!! Am I seeing a lot of red in her hair, or was it the light???? Of course her hair dresser told you not to cut her bangs. It's her job!!!! Wish I could have been there to watch the cut...I can see her sitting so still (I think) knowing she would be beautiful when it was finished!!!! Love, Grandma