Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sew Crazy

I have been bitten. It doesn't hurt, but it does sting. Especially in the bank book!! I have returned to sewing, and I am finding that I like it, and am pretty ok at it. I have started with bags such as these. They are super easy, and I learned that you only need 2 fat quarters to make them. I didn't embarrass myself by saying "huh? a fat quarter?" Instead I looked around the store and found a box of them ready for my perusal. I could have had some cut, but I found all I wanted in a box, pre-cut. I am learning the lingo, but sometimes I have to quietly ask the ladies at the amazingly cool fabric store to explain. If any of you love to sew, and I won't name names but there are a lot of you reading this who are, then you must come see me and I will take you to this great shop. Be forewarned, you won't leave without something. Mostly something expensive.
This is the 2nd bag I made, I made both bags in a total of about 2 hours. But I'm getting faster.
This one is for the oh so cute Isadora, who just had a baby brother. Don't tell her, she'll get it in the mail this week. I had to mention it because it has her name on it already.

These are the baby blankets I made. They too are super easy. For you non-sewers you think, I know, I know, easy you say. If you sew you are a super sewer you are thinking, easy doesn't even begin to say it. But I was intimidated when I made the blanket below, but this one above only took me like an hour or two. This is for Isadora's little brother. He is adorable, and I bet he will be warm and cozy in the flannel.
This was my very first sewing project since I moved here. I can't believe it took me so long to get back into sewing. It is so fun to make these, and I love the fabric (which is from the adorable shop). This one is for Kaitlyn, who is growing too fast. I have been wanting to make her a blanket since before she was born. Sorry!!!

Anyway, I just wanted to brag about my new found hobby. This hobby is just in time for the snow. Bring it on. I am prepared with, fabric, a machine, patterns, and lots and lots of time.

2 comments:

Dee said...

i need a new workout bag! the skull bag is ADORABLE!

Nikki Lukas Longfish said...

i agree with deedee, the skull bag is awesome!