Sunday, September 21, 2008

Hogle Zoo

Rick and I took Katie to Hogle Zoo, in Salt Lake City, today. It is a great little zoo. I don't think I have been to a zoo before where we could get so close to the animals. Here we are looking at the elephants. One of them in pregnant, she got pregnant in May or June of '07 and will be delivering next summer. YIKES is right. I would hate to be an elephant, although any pregnant woman could attest to feeling like one during pregnancy. So what does a pregnant elephant feel like? Email me if you think you know the answer.
"Hello Mr. Gorilla."

Sally the Camel has two humps. Did you want to sing that when you saw the picture too?
This Orangutan reminds me of Katie during the day. Climbing, making silly faces. My little monkey!
This reminds me of me. The mommy orangutan is under the sheet, just trying to get away from it all for awhile. Katie would eventually come and pull the blanket off my head, ask me a million questions, and then want to play hide and seek with the blanket, my blanket mind you, where I was trying to relax, and meditate under. Little monkeys!!! What can you do?

Katie found her favorite, rides. We went on the carousel, her and I, but I was told, by her, to not sit near her. She is a big girl after all.
The baby Giraffe was so cute. It followed the children, who came to see it around the pen.
Ride #2 on the carousel. Daddy's turn.
As a dad does, he is looking at how it works.
Last picture, have you ever seen an albino alligator? Now you have.


No comments: