Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Potty Training

Well she finally did it. Katie has pee peed on the potty. She is especially loving it because she gets a gumball when she goes. She has a brand new gum ball machine, that when a coin is inserted a gumball comes out. Bribery is a great thing!!! I have a couple of pictures and some great video of the first event but I was reminded by my more modest husband that these were not pictures to show on the world wide web. Smart man he is!!!
So I will just tell you as a very proud mommy that my very excited, and proud, gum chewing daughter is peeing in the potty. She has all the accessories. A cute potty seat that fits inside the big potty, a stool, and a potty seat that folds up for travelling. I am still using diapers when we go out since I don't really trust her to tell me when she has to go. But we will be getting some awesome pullups for travelling. At home though she has lots of new panties to get around in.
YOU GO KATIE!!!

6 comments:

Nadia said...

yeah for potty training. Now comes the fun part, the poop. Matthew has been pee trained for months, but still refuses to go poop in the potty--he will ask me for a diaper though, so I at least don't have to clean up a nasty underwear mess!

Dee said...

wooT wooT tell her i am so proud of her! i will be mailing out some fresh gum ballz. moms generally run out:) love you!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Katie!!!! It will probably be so easy from here on out! You should be as lucky as Nadia for her to ask for a diaper!
Give her lots of hugs and kisses from Grandma and tell her I love her soooooo much! I'm so proud of her!

Cinnamon said...

Yeah Katie Girl!
What a wonderful thing for mom and dad! :) I did diapers for 7 years and I remember how special it was for us to reach those great milestones in life. Glad to see you exploring your new world. If ever we come that way, we will definately make you a place to stop and visit.
Love, Steve and Cinnamon

Cinnamon said...

PS - Clayton is 12 today! It seems like yesterday we were just finishing his toilet training. Time flies when kids grow.
~Cinnamon

Anonymous said...

You didn't have real birthday candles?! Just like home!