Saturday, July 26, 2008

Parades

I know I know I can't believe I forgot the camera too. But in self defense I was in a hurry as I wanted to get good parking and a good seat for the parade. As it was we made it just at 10am and we found a shady spot...to stand. But the parade for Red Desert Rodeo was great. The announcer is a guy who announces for the rodeo circuit, and he did awesome. They even played appropriate music for each entry. One example is a guy in a buggy being pulled by a miniature horse, they played Alan Jackson's "Little Bitty".
The parade started off appropriately flying the American flag as well as military flags. People here are extremely patriotic, and you don't mess with the military!
The coolest part of the parade was the end when they had the Wyoming State marching band. They were chosen to play at GW's last inauguration. I have never seen a marching band that size and boy color me impressed!!!
The funniest float to me was the one holding a reunion class from 1998. I thought how cool those older folks are having a reunion. Then I choked on my water when I realized those old folks are my age!!! I can't believe I've been out of high school for 10 years. You Mercy girls reading this might want to get in on a float back home. But then maybe not as some young whippersnapper may think "what are those old folks doing on a float? That is like so uncool!!"
I know I'm not that old and many reading have been celebrating more than 10 year reunions for decades!!!
It was a really fun parade. The next one is in the winter and it is a light parade. We will freeze our butts off, but I will redeem myself and bring the darn camera.
We are off to the Sweetwater County fair this week. I will be putting in my salsa and we'll see if I win or not. Wish me luck. There will be lot of fun stuff for us to see and do. Next year come on out and join us!!!
Love
Amy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea! Parades are the greatest! Would have been nice to see pictures, but I prefer them with the family in them! Your blogs are so fun to read! We are all just spoiled because you always let us know when you post a new one! Keep it up! Love, Mom (Grandma) P.S. You didn't mention how Katie reacted to all the activity, but I can almost see and hear her!!!!