Sunday, July 13, 2008

I am pondering....

..Where my life could be and where it is. I just read my favorite blog thepioneerwoman.com and she was pondering the thought of where she thought she would be at her age. She asked people to ponder where they thought they would be too. I decided instead of putting my thoughts on her site I would put them down here for you to read.



When I thought of myself at 27 I thought I would have more. I thought I would have a house, and kids (more than one). I thought I would be done having children. I thought I would still be living in California as I couldn't see living anywhere else. But I didn't know anywhere else.


Now that I have almost finished my 27th year I see that life doesn't always turn out the way you want it to and it isn't all bad. I LOVE Wyoming. I love all the things there are to do here, and how relaxed the environment is. I love that my husband and child love Wyoming. Katie is a natural outdoor girl. She loves looking at, and throwing, rocks, observing wildlife, and generally exploring the great outdoors. She loves horses, and I hope someday to be able to enrich her love by giving her lessons. But I thought I would have more than one child. As you all know we have had an extremely hard time having more children, and I hope that the change of pace in our lives, will help see a pregnancy, or three, through to the end. I wanted my children to be closer in age. I wanted Katie to have a playmate. But we will just have to make friends. We are trying awfully hard, in the friend department.


I love that my hubby was willing to pack up and move all the way out here to try something totally different so that we can have and do things that we couldn't have or do where we were. He was resistant to moving this far from Lake County but he loves it here as much as I do. We love that we can look at homes, and not see something unattainable, but something that with a few more months of saving will be a reality. I love that he is my shoulder to cry on, my friend to laugh with, and my sounding board for which to bounce ideas from, or vent my frustrations too. He and I make a great team, and I am proud and happy to be his wife.


I never thought I would be where I am today but I'm here and I am content with the life God has seen fit for me. I am thankful everyday for my family, both here and in California. Without support and love we could never have made it.


Well thanks for listening (reading) and if you want post a comment with your own thoughts on your life!!! I'd love to read it!


Love
Amy

1 comment:

Nikki Lukas Longfish said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with everyone! It is amazing how life can take us by surprise. Dela and I love you three very much and we are very glad to hear you are enjoying wyoming.