Sunday, July 13, 2008

Another Day on the Lake

Katie had her first boating experience today. We picked up Aunt Carrie and Uncle Jack's boat and took it for a spin. Katie was so excited as she was told she could drive. I didn't know what to expect as she had only been to the lake by shore and I was worried about her spending a day in a boat. I also had memories of hating being in a life jacket all day and thought she would object.

Alas I didn't have to worry a bit. She took to the boat like a navy sea woman, and she didn't seem to mind the life jacket one bit.

When we threw her overboard to see if she liked deep water (just kidding she really went gracefully into the water with assistance from mommy, daddy, and Uncle Jack) she was a floating fool.

She needs a few more driving lessons, but she will be Captain soon enough. She is already ready to get back out there.

Taking off on her first boat ride, the smile when we went fast was priceless!!

Katie swimming in the Gorge!! I think we were a little over safe with the floatation devices! Resting with Daddy
Look out boaters, she is at the wheel and she doesn't want help!!!

1 comment:

Nikki Lukas Longfish said...

awesome pictures!! I love reading all the new things you guys are doing. I can't wait to read the next post