Monday, November 3, 2014

Halloween Fun


This Halloween was very exciting.  Two of the three kiddos were able to choose what they wanted to dress like.  Katie was Madeline Hatter from the Ever After High books.


Clint was super excited to be a bat.  He told me he wanted to be that this summer and stuck to his guns.  Abby was Sofia the First, after her favorite Disney character.


I wasn't going to carve pumpkins.  I had found these cool Mr Potato head attachments you just poke into the pumpkin, but buying at a yard sale is dangerous and of course they were missing pieces.  So we carved.  Abby picked this tiny pumpkin and insisted we carve it.  I didn't even know you could carve a pumpkin this small.  But we did and it even fit our electric tea light!



Katie drew her face out for me to carve.  But I am not the best carver and so this is what she got.  Not too bad, but not great.


Clint was too grossed out to scoop out the seeds, so lucky me got to scoop and carve his.



Even us little kid teachers got in the halloween spirit.  I was the tooth fairy, and Jennifer the preschool teacher was a witch.  The kids at school always get a kick out of us dressing up.  Although I'll admit I probably embarrassed Katie to death as I fairy walked around the lunch room checking kids teeth.