Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Kids

Parents often worry what will happen when a new child enters the family.  Will the others be excited, or envious???  I wasn't worried about Katie, after all she's been through this before.  But Clint being two could go either way.  I worried that he'd be especially clingy, and not like it when I held Abby.  But I was pleasantly surprised that he wasn't.  At first he just wanted to sit with us.  If I was nursing Abby he wanted to be right in the chair with us having a bottle of milk.  At bedtime the first week he wanted me to sit with him while he fell asleep.  Again not a problem.  But after the first week he just kinda went with the flow.  He loves his Abby, and wants to hold her any chance he gets.  He loves to touch her fingers and toes, and oh how he laughs when she sneezes.  He pushes her in her swing and when we say whoa Clint not so fast he slows right down.  If she cries, he says "shh, it's ok Abby, you'll be ok."  He is one awesome  big brother.
Katie has turned into the little mom of the group.  She loves to put Clint to bed, reading him a story, and making sure he's tucked in.  She is teaching Clint new words, cleaning up after herself, and helping me with things I need.  Although she has to do all this between swim lessons and soccer.  She loves to hold Abby while I take care of Clint, or do a quick chore, or take a picture.
Yup I know I am so lucky.  Things could have been much worse.  I could have three screaming children all day making life crazy.  But instead I have a wonderful six year old helper, a crazy funny two year old, and an infant who has found a place in our hearts forever!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! We can't wait to visit !!!
Love mom

Anonymous said...

They are truly blessed with great parents. I am so glad to hear all is going good. Keep taking those pictures:)
Love Nicole

Dee said...

Love this! They are absolutely amazing and so are you and Rick! Pretty lucky! I can't wait to see them soooooon! <3 d