Thursday, July 30, 2009

Parade and Fair

This week is the Sweetwater County Fair. We began with the Red Desert Round-up rodeo and parade. It is always so exciting to see the parade, and oh man the candy they give out!!! Katie stood in the street waving at everyone!Mostly she waved to get some candy. We stayed at the parade for a long time, but then Katie had to go to the bathroom. Here we are on a street lined with businesses and you would think one near us would be open, right? Wrong. Katie had to go behind the building. I know right in town my kid pee's outside. Now we all are born with a talent. For some it is playing a piano, for others it is peeing outside. Katie and I do not posses the talent for peeing outside. We often end up with wet clothes. Long story short, we had to leave the parade early.
Yesterday we went to the fair. The girl with Katie is Aunt Carrie and Uncle Jack's granddaughter Molly. Katie and Molly get along famously. They are both only children and Lindsey, Molly's mom, and I were a bit nervous about how they would be with one another. We had nothing to worry about.

This year I put in a picture of Katie that I took last year. I am happy to report I won 1st place.
It was a bit chilly at the fair this year. 55 degrees is not an appropriate temperature for going to the fair, but we made do. Moreover it wasn't only cold, but the Wyoming wind had us holding on to our food for dear life.
After we ate we went to see the young children barrel race. The kids this age are so cute because they only walk their horses through the course. One little boy, probably age 4 or 5 had a difficult time steering and the horse was stopped in front of the barrel.

After that it was time for the rides. Yippee rides.
Aunt Carrie and I also got a ride bracelet so we could go on with the kids. But I saw this ride and as terrifying as it looked I had to give it a try. I just knew Aunt Carrie would love this ride so I forced her to go with me. Just look at our faces it was loads of fun!!

I was really glad I didn't exercise that morning because the girls needed help on most of the rides and we spent the evening doing a lot of climbing.

We had to go on rides we wouldn't even dream of. This little slide of horror made small children go very very slow. So we adults assumed that everyone went very slow. Nope. Adults go down very very quickly, and since we assumed we would go down slowly we didn't give the child in front of us enough time. It was a little frightening.



I love, I mean LOVE the scrambler. I talked Lindsey into going on it with me. Even though I have been on it tons of times in my life it never ceases to make me scream and laugh the entire time. Do you see how fast it is going. It spins in circles and forces the person on the inside of the car into the person on the outside. Poor Lindsey was trying to give me some space but it was no use.
It was a really fun night, but we didn't get home until 10:00pm. These two were tuckered out. In fact that's exactly what Molly told me. "I am just plain tuckered out." She said. Today I am suffering from a slight fair hangover. I think I need a nap!

No comments: