Thursday, April 23, 2009

She cooks and cleans

It's great to have a 3 year old around the house. On Saturday mornings we wake up and she is ready to get breakfast on. She happens to LOVE pancakes. I think it's because she can make them. I can't complain when this kid is willing to do all the work. She measures and mixes the batter for me, and then I cook it. She sets the table with forks, and napkins, and will put the plates on for us. She likes to open my napkin for me all the way. If I tell her to keep in folded she tells me, "but mommy, you get what you get, and you don't throw a fit." I can't argue with that.
After breakfast she even cleans up. She is an animal with the wisp broom and dust pan. Don't get me started on the vacuum. As a parent I have to use this to my advantage. Someday doing chores, and making breakfast will be laborious for her, not fun. She will sigh heavily, drag her feet, and complain loudly. Not that it will change anything, but she'll do it. For now though I have a 3 foot 6 inch housekeeper. I just have to get that footstool and laundry will be hers to do as well. Off to the hardware store...

2 comments:

Grammie said...

She's just like her Grammie! I love pancakes, too!!

Love,

Mom

Grandma said...

Good for Katie! It will be interesting to see if she continues to love housekeeping. I have known some people that truly do love it! :) Send her on over! Love, Mom