Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Been Awhile!!

Well between a few computer virus' and cold virus', and general busy-ness I have not been able to take the time. But that doesn't mean I haven't been snapping away with the camera. We have been busy.
The weather has been awesome, and I mean that by Wyoming standards. NOT, I repeat, NOT by California standards. The temperature has been in the 50's which here means t-shirts and shorts. Not for me, but I have seen a lot of t-shirts and shorts on people. I think they're a little crazy. But warm it has been.

We have been playing football. Katie is learning how to be a wide receiver. She shouldn't look so giggly. I doubt Jerry Rice did.



I doubt Joe Montana ever helped Jerry pick up a football like this either. But Katie does.


Molly isn't much for football. Since the ball is almost as big as she is she prefers just to move out of it's way.


Molly, however, loves a rousing game of chase. Daddy and Katie are always willing to indulge her.


But football and chase weren't the only games played that day. They also got some hide and seek in. Katie typically "chases" Daddy around the tree saying "I'm gonna get you" and he runs around faster until he is behind her and then... Well the giggles are addicting.



Katie and her Dad also put together Katie's swing set. She got to learn a few new things about tools.
Katie: "What's this Daddy?"
Daddy: "It's a wrench Katie."
Katie: "What's a wrench Daddy?"
Daddy: "It's what you're holding Katie."
Katie: "Oh."
Yup Katie got a "Katie" wrench to help. And what a helper she was.



They lifted, tightened, and used teamwork to get the job done.


Not to mention a little crack. But what is construction without a little crack?



Katie is now old enough to help Daddy. As for me? Me you ask, well lets just hope they don't notice me standing in the backyard. I have to keep looking busy so I don't get asked to help. I am the camera person, yup. I am also the person who is the main swing pusher so I should get to just watch the construction of said swing set.


Molly and I like to relax on these sunny days. Get a little tan, sip a cool drink. We are the ladies who know how to do it.


Unfortunately, Katie was interrupted in her work and had to take a phone call.



She was just too tired after talking to help her Daddy finish.


So there is poor Rick. All of his ladies watching him work. He really needs a son. Although, as you can see, Katie is more than willing to do boy and girl things.

In the end, though, Katie has her swing set. She is a happy girl. Can you tell?



And we have a tired Daddy. Katie is always willing to help him relax on his hammock. We are enjoying the sunshine. We never know how long warm weather will last in this state.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like loads of fun to me! Nice to have you blogging again. You need to have one of them snap a picture of you!!! Mom/Grandma

Grammie said...

Spring has truly arrived! Before you know it, the bunnies will be back out!

Love,

Grammie