Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I am her slave

I was already considered her slave, I think the word mommy, mom, mama, etc, is defined as slave for life. We are forced to eat, sleep, and breathe, our children. I never could appreciate my mom more than when I became one. Katie makes me happy, crazy, full, mad, awestruck, sad, and joyous. She can make me want to scream one minute, and then laugh and hug and kiss her the next. I think about her all day, I worry all night. This is parenthood.

But now, ugh, she will know I am her slave for life when she looks at the pictures below. I wore her favorite leather boots to work today, I have to dress up a little for work, and I wore high heels, which made my feet ache by 3:00. Katie is my hero. When she heard that my feet hurt she was immediately concerned and said she would help me. I asked if she would rub my feet, and I gave her her favorite, a large tub of cream. Thick, greasy, stick to the sheets, cream. I didn't care if she rubbed it all over my bed. My feet hurt that bad. So I sat back to a TV show and let her go to town. Let me tell you, she has skill. My feet feel great. The mom in you will shudder at the pictures below, but look anyway. If you have small children, try this. Put the thought of mess out of your head, and let them go. Your feet will thank you!

This is her favorite tub of cream. She loves to take out
a big scoop, and smear it all over her hands and arms.
Today, however it's my turn!!!

Katie, I know you can do better than this!

That's my girl!! She is REALLY good at this!

This is where a lot of you would cringe. You know
The cream being this thick, won't ever rub in. I don't
care. It felt that good. Katie took full advantage of this
and made the biggest mess possible! You go girl!

This is one happy mommy. Look at me, I even let her
hold the big expensive camera all by herself. Now that
is relaxed!!! I am her slave for life!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brought back memories of our "girl nights" in Chico when we did the pedicures. I think Katie comes by it naturally!!! Thanks for sharing the fun. Hope you are enjoying your job. Hugs and kisses to all 3 of you!!! Grandma/Mom

Dee said...

good lord you and mom are slave drivers! we made salsa today. missed ya tons. Amy G. has officially replaced you in the kitchen here. we only messed up once and put 16 cloves of garlic in one of the batches. dont tell dad. Amy and i whispered to eachother....mom knew. i think it will be the best batch yet!
love you too the moon!

Anonymous said...

This is such a great idea!! I can't wait to have Zi do it...I'm pretty sure he'll enjoy it because when I give him massages he wants "just a little" on his hand so he can put it on his face himself. Love the pics :)