Sunday, August 31, 2008

MOOOOMMMMYYYYY!!!

To you parents out there with potty trained, or training, children have you ever woken up to a child screaming "MOOOOMMMMMYYYY, I need a wipe!!!!!!!" And if you did, did you ever want to yell back, "just put back on your underwear, I'll wipe you later!!!" I didn't do that of course, I got up, wiped her, and went upstairs to get miracle juice, I mean coffee. Katie is doing great with the potty training. She hasn't had any accidents at night, but I'm not going to start letting her sleep in underwear quite yet. I have a hard enough time getting up just to help her wipe, could you imagine having to change sheets in the middle of the night. What am I thinking most of you have done it. I don't necessarily want to do that.
If your child is not potty training yet, don't get me wrong. This is a wonderful event, and no more diapers is a plus. A $75 per month plus. I would gladly wipe her anytime over changing diapers, but I sure do miss my sleep. Not that I've seen many full nights of those since before she was born.

Katie is sure growing up. Besides potty training, Katie has a lot of new friends. Ever since going to Lizzie's house she seems to have decided that she can talk to other children. The girls next door being her new buddies. There are four sisters next door age 11-3 and last week they came over to play. They seem to like her back and the night they came over to play they asked if she could come for dinner. So my little baby went with their entire family to dinner, while Rick, Aunt Carrie, and I, went somewhere else. I have never been so excited, nervous, and sad all at once. My little girl is growing up and I just can't stop her. But I know she is still a daddy's girl at heart. As I type this she is eating ice cream with him and asking him if he wants to go play in her room or his. I asked her if she likes playing with Daddy, and she said "yes, mommy, Daddy's my friend." Daddy is exceptionally good at tea parties. All daddies should be.

Katie posed last night for us showing off her Cabelas purchases. Here are some pictures:


She's going to be a snow bunny, she even has the ear
protection to prove it!

This is a cool snow hat because...

...She can play Stick, em up. Yup I can tell too that she
can't make a gun with her hand. This is as good as it gets.

No comments: