Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Fair Day

YIPEEEEEE!!! 1st place!!! We went to the fair tonight, and the first thing we did was check to see how my salsa faired, tee hee, see the play on words! Anyway, I won first place, and on the back they commented on how cute my label was. I won 2 $5 gift certificates to Kerr, so now I can keep on canning. This year salsa, next year who knows?!?!

Copsey's Kickin' Salsa!

All the canning entries.
After checking out the salsa we were hungry. Who could resist fair food? We had corn dogs, nachos, and we tried a funnel cake. Not as good as I remembered it though.
We watched barrel racing while we ate nachos and even though the pictures are blurry it is telling of how fast these children were going. This little girl was first place for a long time. She is about 8 years old. No fear I say. Her time was about 16.8 seconds.
This is a better picture. This girl is about 10.
Oh my gosh. You won't believe what is coming now...
I can't believe it. I just can't believe it is actually out here working too...
The tractor with a rake!!! Katie was way excited about this!
Look at how high this little spitfire's bottom is off the saddle. She went full throttle for her ride.
She was amazing. She too is about 8 years old.

"GO, GO, GO"
She did it. This girl won first place, her time being 16.577 seconds.
Katie said she'll learn to barrel race tomorrow.
It may not be barrel racing, but it's a start. This is Katie's first pony ride!!!
What's a fair without Smokey the Bear. The petting zoo had a milking cow. People could milk the cow and drink it. We skipped this part.

This is a Watusi. I thought that was a dance. Do you think he/she has a constant headache?
I can't look at him/her anymore, I just want to take them off and give him/her a break!
This Texas Longhorn was making me a bit uncomfortable. I was holding a red balloon and it kept staring at me. Those fences don't look THAT strong.
This is the biggest cow I have ever seen. I hope she is having septuplets
But she really likes to be brushed. In fact when Katie and Rick picked up the brushes she rolled a little so they could get a belly shot. Her face made her look like she was in ecstasy.

Katie really liked this goat. They were buds.
"Goodbye little goat, I have to go on the rides now." Smooch!!

Another horse of some sort.
The Super Slide...

...was really fun!
Katie LOVED these cars. They whipped around at the turns.
Is that an happy kid or what?
Flying on a bee!!!
Time to go home....
Bummer. Going home is not as fun. We all had a great time at the fair. If Katie had her way we would go every day. She found something fun in everything we did or saw.
I hope you enjoyed all the pictures. I know it was a bit overwhelming, but I didn't put them all in, and I didn't want you to miss a single part of what we did or saw.
Love
Amy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Amy!!!!!!! We all knew you had a winner! The pictures are wonderful! I can hear Katie laughing! I'm so glad you all had such a great time! Love you, Mom/Grandma

Nikki Lukas Longfish said...

Congrats on the 1st place salsa!! haha all the pictures are great!!

Anonymous said...

Great Job Amy! Way to go with first place! Katie looks like she really enjoyed herself!